1. Chen ZG; Wang YJ; Chen RS; Geng F; Gan CL; Wang WS; Liu X; Zhou H; He L; Hu G*; Liu JG* (2019) Ube2b-dependent degradation of DNMT3a relieves a transcriptional brake on opiate-induced synaptic and behavioral plasticity , Molecular Psychiatry, doi: 10.1038/s41380-019-0533-y.
2. Xiao L; Wang YJ; Zhang MM; Wu WW; Kong LH; Ma Y; Xu XJ; Liu X; Qian He; Qian YY; Sun HJ; Wu HH; Lin C; HM; Ye RR; Jiang S; Ye RF; Yuan C; Fang SY; Xue DQ; Yang X; Chen H; Zheng YL; Yu LQ; Xie Q; Zheng L; Fu W; Li W*; Qiu Z; Liu JG*; Shao L* (2019) Discovery of a highly selective and potent kappa opioid receptor agonist from N-cyclopropylmethyl-7#-phenyl-6,14-endoethanotetrahydro-northebaines with reduced central nervous system. J Med Chem 62: 11054-11070.
3. Lu YC, Wang YJ, Lu B, Chen M, Zheng P, Liu JG (2018) ACC to dorsal medial striatum inputs modulate histaminergic itch sensation. J Neurosci 38: 3466-3417.
4. Wang W, Ju YY, Zhou QX, Tang JX, Li M, Zhang L, Kang S, Chen ZG, Wang YJ, Ji H, Ding YQ, Xu L,Liu JG*(2017) The Small GTPase Rac1 Contributes to Extinction of Aversive Memories of Drug Withdrawal by Facilitating GABAA Receptor Endocytosis in the vmPFC. J Neurosci 37: 7096-7110.
5. Zhang L, Kibaly C, Wang YJ, Xu C, Song KY, W McGarrah P, Loh HH, Liu JG*, Law PY* (2017). Src-dependent phosphorylation of μ-opioid receptor at Tyr336 modulates opiate withdrawal. EMBO Mol Med. doi 9:1521-1536.
6. Tao YM, Yu C, Wang WS, Hou YY, Xu XJ, Chi ZQ, Ding YQ, Wang YJ, Liu JG* (2017) Heteromers of μ opioid and dopamine D1 receptors modulate opioid-induced locomotor sensitization in a dopamine-independent manner. Br J Pharmacol 174:2842-2861.
7. Chen ZG, Liu X, Wang W, Geng F, Gao J, Gan CL, Chai JR, He L, Hu G, Zhou H, Liu JG *(2016). Dissociative role for dorsal hippocampus in mediating heroin self-administration and relapse through CDK5 and RhoB signaling revealed by proteomic analysis. Addict Biol 22:1731-1742.
8. Wang YJ, Hang A, Lu YC, Long Y, Zan GY, Li XP, Wang Q, Zhao ZX, He L, Chi ZQ, Liu JG* (2016) Kappa receptor activation in different brain regions differentially modulates anxiety-related behaviors in mice. Neuropharmacology 110: 92-101.
9. Wang Q, Long Y, Hang A, Zan GY, Shu XH, Wang YJ, Liu JG* (2016) The anxiolytic- and anti-depressant-like effects of ATPM-ET, a novel k agonist and m partial agonist, in mice. Psychopharmacology 233:2411-2418.
10. Zhang LS, Wang YJ, Ju YY, Zan GY, Xu C, Hong MH, Wang YH, Ch ZQ, Liu JG (2015) Role for engagement of β-arrestin2 by the transactivated EGFR in agonist-specific regulation of δ-opioid receptor activation of ERK1/2. Br J Pharmacol 172: 4847-4863.
11. Wang WS, Chen ZG, Liu WT, Chi ZQ, He L, Liu JG (2014) Dorsal hippocampal NMDA receptor blockade impairs extinction of naloxone-precipitated conditioned place aversion in acute morphine-treated rats by suppressing ERK and CREB phosphorylation in the basolateral amygdala. Br J Pharmacol 172: 482-491.
12. Kang S, Ling QL, Liu WT, Lu B, Liu Y, He L, Liu JG* (2013) Down-regulation of dorsal striatal RhoA activity and impairment of working memory in middle-aged rats. Neurobiol Learn Mem103:3-10.
13. Liu Y, Zhou QX, Hou YY, Lu B, Yu C, Chen J, Ling QL, Cao J, Chi ZQ, Xu L*, Liu JG* (2012) Actin polymerization-dependent increase in synaptic Arc/Arg3.1 expression in the amygdala is crucial for the expression of aversive memory associated with drug withdrawal. J Neurosci 32: 12005-12017.
14. Wang WS, Kang S, Liu WT, Li M, Liu Y, Yu C, Chen J, Zhi-Qiang Ch ZQ, He L, and Jing-Gen Liu JG* (2012) Extinction of aversive memories associated with morphine withdrawal requires ERK-mediated epigenetic regulation of brain-derived neurotrophic factor transcription in the rat ventromedial prefrontal cortex. J Neurosci 32: 13763-13775.
15. Lu G, Zhou QX, Kang S, Li QL, Zhao LC, Chen JD, Sun JF, Cao J, Wang YJ, Chen J, Chen XY, Zhong DF, Chi ZQ, Xu L*, Liu JG* (2010) Chronic morphine treatment impaired hippocampal LTP and spatial memory via accumulation of extracellular adenosine acting on adenosine A1 receptors. J Neurosci 30: 5058-5070.
16. Xu C, Hong MH, Zhang LS, Hou YY, Wang FF, Chen YJ, Xu XJ, Chen J, Xie X, Ma L, Chi ZQ, Liu JG* (2010) Serine 363 Residue of δ-Opioid Receptor is Crucial for Adopting Distinct Pathways to Activate ERK1/2. J Cell Sci 123: 4259-4270.
17. Hou YY, Lu B, Li M, Liu Y, Chen J, Chi ZQ, and Liu JG* (2009) Involvement of actin rearrangements within the amygdala and the dorsal hippocampus in aversive memories of drug withdrawal in acute morphine dependent rats. J Neurosci 29: 12244-12254.
18. Hong MH, Xu C, Wang YJ, Ji JL, Tao YM, Xu XJ, Chen J, Xie X, Zhi-Qiang Chi ZQ, Liu JG* (2009) Role of Src in Ligand-specific Regulation of δ-opioid Receptor Desensitization and Internalization. J Neurochem 108: 102-114.
19. Wang YJ, Tao YM, Xu XJ, Chen J, Cao YL, Chi ZQ, Liu JG* (2009) Pharmacological Characterization of ATPM-AZ, a Novel Mixed κ Agonist and μ Agonist/Antagonist That Attenuates Morphine Antinociceptive Tolerance and Heroin Self-Administration Behavior. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 329: 306-313.
20. Lin X, Wang YJ, Huo YY, Li Q, Chi ZQ, Liu JG* (2009) Morphine promotes SH-SY5Y cell apoptosis through c-Jun N-terminal kinase-mediated activation of mitochondria-dependent apoptosis pathway. FEBS J 276: 2022-2036.
21. Chen XL, Lu G, Gonh YX, Zhao LC, Chen J, Chi ZQ, Yang YM, Chen Z, Li QL, Chi ZQ, Liu JG* (2007) Involvement of changes in protein expression of hippocampal energy metabolism enzymes in behavioral abnormalities during chronic morphine treatments. Cell Research 17: 689-700.
22. Lin X, Li Q, Wang YJ, Ju YW, Chi ZQ, Wang MW, Liu JG* (2007) Morphine Inhibits Doxorubicin-induced Reactive Oxygen Species Generation and Nuclear Factor-κB Transcriptional Activation in Neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y Cells. Biochem J 406: 215-221.
23. Wu ZQ, Chen J, Chi ZQ and Liu JG* (2007) Involvement of Dopamine System in Regulation of Na+,K+-ATPase in the Striatum upon Activation of Opioid Receptors by Morphine. Mol Pharmacol 71: 519-530.
24. Wu ZQ, Li M, Chen J, Chi ZQ and Liu JG* (2006) Involvement of cAMP/cAMP-Dependent Protein Kinase Signaling Pathway in Regulation of Na+, K+-ATPase upon Activation of Opioid Receptors by Morphine. Mol Pharmacol 69: 866-876.