1. Fubao Huang, Kai Wang*, Jianhua Shen*. Lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2: The story continues. Med Res Rev. (2019), 1-56.
2. Qiufeng Liu, Fubao Huang, Xiao-Jing Yuan, Kai Wang, Yi Zou, Jianhua Shen*, and Yechun Xu*. Structure-guided Discovery of Novel, Potent, and Orally Bioavailable Inhibitors of Lipoprotein-associated Phospholipase A2. J. Med. Chem. (2017), 60, 10231-10244.
3. Hua Cao, Zhi-Xiang Chen, Kai Wang, Meng-Meng Ning, Qing-An Zou, Ying Feng, Yang-Liang Ye, Ying Leng* & Jian-Hua Shen*. Intestinally-targeted TGR5 agonists equipped with quaternary ammonium have an improved hypoglycemic effect and reduced gallbladder filling effect. Sci Rep. (2016), 6: 28676.
4. Qiufeng Liu, Xinde Chen, Wuyan Chen, Xiaojing Yuan, Haixia Su, Jianhua Shen*, and Yechun Xu*. Structural and Thermodynamic Characterization of Protein-Ligand Interactions Formed between Lipoprotein-Associated Phospholipase A2 and Inhibitors. J. Med. Chem. (2016), 59, 5115-5120.
5. Xinde Chen, Kai Wang,Wenwei Xu, Quanxin Ma, Minli Chen, Lili Du, Mingguang Mo, Yiping Wang*, and Jianhua Shen*. Discovery of Potent and Orally Active Lipoprotein-Associated Phospholipase A2 (Lp-PLA2) Inhibitors as a Potential Therapy for Diabetic Macular Edema. J. Med. Chem. (2016), 59, 2674-2687.
6. Shan-yao MA, Meng-meng NING, Qing-an ZOU, Ying FENG, Yang-liang YE, Jian-hua SHEN*, Ying LENG*. OL3, a novel low-absorbed TGR5 agonist with reduced side effects, lowered blood glucose via dual actions on TGR5 activation and DPP-4 inhibition. Acta Pharmacologica Sinica (2016) ,37:1359–1369.
7. Xinde Chen, Wenwei Xu, Kai Wang, Mingguang Mo, Wei Zhang, Lili Du, Xiaojing Yuan, Yechun Xu, Yiping Wang*, and Jianhua Shen*. Discovery of a novel series of Imidazo[1,2-a]pyrimidine Derivatives as Potent and Orally Bioavailable Lipoprotein-Associated Phospholipase A2 Inhibitors. J. Med. Chem.(2015),58, 8529-8541.
8. Hongliang Duan, Mengmeng Ning, Qingan Zou, Yangliang Ye, Ying Feng, Lina Zhang, Ying Leng*, and Jianhua Shen*. Discovery of Intestinal Targeted TGR5 Agonists for the Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes. J. Med. Chem. (2015),58, 3315-3328.
9. Qingan Zou, Hongliang Duan, Mengmeng Ning, Jia Liu,Ying Feng, Liming Zhang, Junjie Zhu, Ying Leng*, Jianhua Shen*. 4-Benzofuranyloxynicotinamide derivatives are novel potent and orally available TGR5 agonists. Eur J. Med Chem. (2014), 82, 1-15.
10. Hongliang Duan, Mengmeng Ning, Xiaoyan Chen, Qingan Zou, Liming Zhang, Ying Feng, Lina Zhang,Ying Leng*, and Jianhua Shen*. Design, Synthesis, and Antidiabetic Activity of 4-Phenoxynicotinamide and 4-Phenoxypyrimidine-5-carboxamide Derivatives as Potent and Orally Efficacious TGR5 Agonists. J. Med. Chem. (2012), 55, 10475-10489.