I. Brief Introduction of SIMM
Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica (hereafter referred as SIMM) was founded in 1932 and settled down in Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park of Pudong District in 2003. SIMM is a headstream of modern drug researches and has the longest history as a comprehensive research institution for drug discovery in China. It now has nearly 800 employees with 6 academicians from the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Chinese Academy of Engineering, 2 from “Ten Thousand Talent Program”, 5 from “Thousand Talent Program”, 34 from “Hundred Talent Program”, 23 from “National Science Foundation for Distinguished Young Scholars of China”, 450 PhD candidates, over 200 postgraduates in combined training and over 40 post doctors.
In July of 2014, “Institutes for Drug Discovery and Development（IDDD）” with SIMM as the principal institute was approved as one of the first batch of Innovation Research Institute of the CAS. In January of 2015, SIMM was selected as an experimental unit of “Three-Power Reform” by China’s Ministry of Finance. SIMM is now taking this opportunity to integrate “The Pioneer Initiative of the CAS” and the construction of Scientific and Technical Innovation Center with the global influence in Shanghai. SIMM unites enterprises and hospitals with advantages while taking full advantages of itself, constantly making technology breakthroughs in new drug development and producing major new drugs that promote sustainable development of this industry. It has made greater contributions to the development of bioengineering and pharmaceutical industry in China and the construction of scientific and technical innovation center with the most global influence.
We are looking forward to have more excellent talents with both abilities and good morals as well as ambitions to join in SIMM, to devote themselves to scientific research career, to explore unknown science on the hot land of drug discovery, to realize self-values, and to compose gorgeous chapters belonging to drug discovery in China with “New Medicine Dream” ！
II. Posts Available
III. Qualifications and Relevant Requirements
a. Candidates of Category A
1.Candidates are expected to have working experience of taking a position equivalent to professorship at a prestigious overseas university, international well-known scientific research institutes or enterprises;
2. Have deep academic attainments in this disciplinary field, have extensive international academic influence, and have been generally accepted by international peers;
3. Candidates are expected to be of good leadership and ability of team organization; and has not yet returned.
b. Candidates of Category B
1. Qualified candidates are expected to master key technologies with minimum three years working experience in R & D of engineering technologies or installment of major scientific devices or R & D of instruments and equipment.
2. Qualified candidates are able to solve key technical problems and promote technological innovation and have won first-class achievements; and have not yet returned.
c. Candidates of Category C
1. Three consecutive years’ experience in overseas scientific researches after receiving a Ph.D. The experience limit can be extended for extraordinarily excellent applicant;
2. Be an outstanding expert and has the potential to become the academic or technical leader. Having published significant articles on core publications, or mastered key technologies, or owned major invention patents etc.
3. Receiving a Ph.D. within 5 years, and have not yet returned.
d. Thousand Talent Program for Young Outstanding Scientists
1. Qualified candidates are expected to be an expert in the field of engineering technology or natural science and under the age of 40. He/she should have three consecutive years’ experience in overseas scientific researches after receiving a Ph.D. He/she should be able to solve key technology problems and promote technology innovation. Be an expert or scholar taking a position equivalent to professorship at a prestigious overseas university or research institute;
2. Be an outstanding expert and has the potential to become the academic or technical leader.
3. Qualified candidates are supposed not have worked full-time in China yet and work full-time after introducing.
IV. Benefits and Welfares (except for uniform supports of the CAS)
a. For each recruited candidate of Category A, the CAS will provide 7 million RMB for special talents funds (including 3 million RMB for team funding) and 1 million RMB for capital construction funds; for each recruited candidate of Category B, the CAS will provide 1-2 million RMB for special talents funds and 0.6 million RMB for capital construction funds; candidate of Category C, the CAS will provide 8 million RMB for special talents funds. After selective basis 6 million RMB for capital construction funds.
b. Thousand Talent Program for Young Outstanding Scientists will get 2-3 million research grants, the CAS will provide 0.5 million special fund. And candidate can enjoy a one-time house purchase subsidies 1.3 million .
c. Support of SIMM is negotiable. SIMM will provide competitive salaries and benefits according to the relevant talent introduction policy of SIMM.
V. Registration and Contact
Registration Method: Please send your detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (special e-mail box for recruitment). The resume should contain your basic information, date of birth, application post, obtained achievements, future work plan, etc.
Contact Address: No. 555 Zuchongzhi Road, Pudong New District, Shanghai
Post Code: 201203
Contact Department: HR Department of Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, CAS